Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The name and exterior pictures



The name is based on our complete lack of furniture, or at least decent furniture. The house is a 1924 bungalow my wife and I bought when we moved to Minneapolis a few months ago. You can see from the picture of the outside there is a lot to do. We are putting off the major exterior stuff until next Spring, but it will theoretically consist of removing aluminum soffits (and restoring who knows what is underneath), replacing the horrible storm doors, repainting, etc. I think the spots of primer you can see on the window sills in the picture really add something.

5 comments:

Domesticated said...

Congrats on the new home! What a cute bungalow. Can't wait to see more of it.

StuccoHouse said...

Cute house :-) I'll be curious to see what you find under the aluminum. I went that route last year...althought I'm *still* working on the rstoration....I think it was well worth the effort.

If you can't find a home for your saved windows....and they have wavy glass.....you might give Diamond Lake Ace Hardware a call. Their sister store on Penn Ave. still sells wavy glass to customers and they might be interested in buy the glass from you. Their charge quite a bit for their glass, so they may pay well to buy it. At least you would know it's going to an old house lover that way.

Ken Bloggins said...

Thanks. I didn't know Diamond Lake Ace did that sort of thing. I think I am already averaging 2 trips there per weekend. The windows do indeed have wavy glass. Getting rid of the dilapidated aluminum storms and replacing them with wavy glass wood ones is also on the to do list, so I really appreciate the tip.

Reetsyburger said...

Ooh! Does it have space for a recording studio?

Chelsea & Liam said...

cool blog! we're renovating a 1920s colonial. I liked this because we too, have no furniture! We're going through a lot of the same things, started around the same time as you. I'm currently stripping the dining room. Our house is too far gone for historical restoration, but we are trying to save as much as we can and make it just look attractive again. good luck!